AURTGA3001 Drive and manoeuvre trailers
This unit covers the competence required to drive and manoeuvre trailer(s).
The unit includes identification and confirmation of work requirement, preparation for work, safe driving, manoeuvring and parking of trailer(s), disconnecting trailer(s) from vehicle and completion of work finalisation processes, including clean-up and documentation.
This unit of competence applies to:
- safe driving, manoeuvring and parking of trailers
- trailer with non-pivoting axle
- trailer with pivoting front axle
- vehicle with towing hitch
Work requires individuals to demonstrate judgment and problem-solving skills in managing own work activities and contributing to a productive team environment.
Requirements from the Candidate
The candidate MUST be wearing appropriate clothing for the training day, this includes:
- Enclosed shoes (thongs and sandals are not acceptable).
- Clothing which will protect from the sun and will enable the candidate to move around under the bonnet of the vehicle, possibly lie on the ground to check under the vehicle and to complete a tyre change.
- A hat that will protect the candidate from the sun.
- A water bottle to fill with fresh water prior to taking part in the practical component of the course.
For Watto Training courses, a sound understanding of English as well as basic English speaking, reading and writing skills are required.
Prior to an applicant’s enrolment being accepted, they need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- Prior completion of a course or undertaking which would have needed a similar or greater level of LLN. In this case such evidence could include proof of the successful completion of a secondary school leaving certificate, or a certificate III or higher qualification, or other evidence that would demonstrate LLN to this level.
- Completing a short LLN test at http://lln.safework.com.au/
This short test is free and you can request that the results be sent directly to the RTO by email.
- Providing other evidence of your LLN proficiency to this level or higher.
The program runs for 5 hours, from 9am – 2pm (times can be adjusted to suit your availability if required).
- Your vehicle, Your trailer: $300.00 (GST exempt)
- Your vehicle, Our trailer: $350.00 (GST exempt)
- Our vehicle, Our trailer: $400.00 (GST exempt)
For group bookings of 2 or more, please phone 1300 UPSKILL for a customized quote.
Training is delivered Lakeside Park, Kurwongbah.
Training can also be delivered on-site (travel fees may apply)
N.B. alternate sites are possible, please contact us if to see if we can provide a service to your area.
Directions to Training Area at Lakeside Park
Full payment must be received prior to course enrolment.
We have a number of payment options.
A student who wishes to cancel their enrolment must give notice in writing. This may be via email or letter. Watto Training staff who are approached with initial notice of cancelation are to ensure the student understands their rights with regards to the refunding of tuition fees. The student is also to be advised of other options such as suspending the enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Students who give written notice to cancel their enrolment and who are eligible for a refund are to be provided with a Refund Request Form. Student who may not be eligible but are requesting a refund should also be provided with the request form so the request can be properly considered by the Chief Executive Officer.
The following refund policy will apply:
Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by Watto Training is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Discretion may be exercised by the Chief Executive Officer in all situations, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the student should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lue of a refund. Chief Executive Officer may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it.
Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrolment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student on the Refund Request Form.
Our Guarantee to Clients
If for any reason Watto Training is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, Watto Training must issue a full refund for any services not provided. The basis for determining “services not provided” is to be based on the units of competency completed by the student and which can be issued in a statement of attainment at the time the service is terminated.
Watto Training takes the privacy of students very seriously and complies with all legislative requirements. These include the Privacy Act 1988 and National Privacy Principles (2008).
Course Enrolment and Student Handbook
Please click on the following links for the Course Enrolment Form as well as the Student Handbook, containing information on our Policies and Procedures.
For more information, please contact us.
Watto Training RTO Number 40791