**NB: Watto Training is not taking on any new TAELLN411 clients as it will be focussing on assisting currently enrolled students in completing their programs. The TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment of which TAELNN411 is a unit has been superseded by TAE40116 (a newer version of the qualification) and as at this point Watto Training is not offering TAE40116.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment, and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group. The unit applies to individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources. Competence in this unit does not indicate that a person is a qualified specialist adult language, literacy or numeracy practitioner.
It covers the following:
- Determine LLN skill requirements of the training specification
- Identify and analyse the LLN skill requirements essential to workplace performance
- Determine the LLN skills of the learner group from validated tools and other sources
- Identify resources to support LLN skill development
- Use learning and assessment materials to support identified LLN requirements, customising where necessary
- Apply learning support strategies in training delivery appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
- Determine assessment strategies appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
- Review course demands and learner profile to determine if specialist LLN support is required
- Access specialist LLN support where available
- Integrate specialist LLN support into training or assessment practice where required
- Seek feedback on learning support provided and assessment strategies used
- Evaluate learning support and assessment strategies used
- Determine areas for improvement based on evaluation
We provide several pathways to achieving this qualification:
Pathway 1: face to face delivery with Watto Training / Practical Assessment with Watto Training ($200.00)
Pathway 2: face to face delivery with Watto Training / Practical Assessment with a Third Party Assessor ($100.00)
Pathway 3: theory completed by correspondence (USB stick) / Practical Assessment with Watto Training ($100.00)
Pathway 4: theory completed by correspondence (USB stick) / Practical Assessment with a Third Party Assessor ($100.00)
The type of job roles performed by those undertaking this training could include:
- enterprise trainer
- enterprise assessor
- registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- training adviser or training needs an analyst
- vocational education teacher.
For Watto Training courses, a sound understanding of English, as well as basic English speaking, reading and writing skills, are required.
Prior to an applicant’s enrolment being accepted, they need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- Prior completion of a course or undertaking which would have needed a similar or greater level of LLN. In this case, such evidence could include proof of the successful completion of a secondary school leaving certificate, or a certificate III or higher qualification, or other evidence that would demonstrate LLN to this level.
- Completing a short LLN test at http://lln.safework.com.au/
This short test is free and you can request that the results be sent directly to the RTO by email.
- Providing other evidence of your LLN proficiency to this level or higher.
Face to face classroom delivery 4 hours, theory assessment approx. 2 hours.
Assignments will vary from 1 – 4 hours.
Practical Assessment with Watto Training 2 - 4 hours.
The three (3) forms of assessment used in this subject are: Assignment questions; Case Studies; and Work-based projects.
This course can be commenced at any time. You are able to start immediately on payment.
What you will need
- A desktop computer or laptop with (but not limited to) Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8 or higher
- Broadband internet connection
- Current internet web browser
- Any email program such a Microsoft Outlook or Hotmail
- Adobe Reader
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Access to two (2) learners, or two (2) people who can simulate learners to complete the practical components e.g. friends or work colleagues.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a method of assessing your current knowledge and skills that may have been acquired from informal training such as work history or formal training such as classroom based training.
RPL cannot be guaranteed as it is assessed on an individual basis, dependent on experience and qualifications. Should RPL not be granted, you will need to complete the work required to gain competency in the unit or course.
This unit will have six months duration from the time of commencement. If you do not complete your unit within this time frame you will need to pay a re-enrolment fee of $50.
Lakeside Park, Kurwongbah.
N.B. alternate sites are possible, please contact us if to see if we can provide a service to your area.
Directions to Training Area at Lakeside Park
Full payment must be received prior to course enrolment.
We have a number of payment options.
Payment must be made in advance to confirm your attendance. Under no circumstances will a refund or rebooking be available for non-attendance unless cancellation is received more than two working days in advance (less 10% administration fee).
Course Enrolment and Student Handbook
Please click on the following links for the Course Enrolment Form as well as the Student Handbook, containing information on our Policies and Procedures.
For more information, please contact us.
Watto Training RTO Number 40791