This is a unique model of delivery by which an applicant books sessions with the trainer/assessor for coaching sessions to support their progression through the program.
The coaching model is personal and solution-focused, encouraging the applicant to take the time and space for reflection on training and assessment issues and to set goals for achievement.
The coach provides objectivity, support and confidentiality, within a framework of action-planning, and accountability that supports the achievement of goals.
The coach will support, challenge and empower applicants to develop their capacities as trainers/assessors as they work through the course material.
Research identifies coaching as the best form of professional development available: individualised, responsive and intensive.
Applicants will have the opportunity to explore and practise a repertoire of skills and techniques applicable to trainers/assessors. Through a series of engaging and interactive workshop sessions and individualized sessions, applicants will be able to apply what they learn immediately in their professional roles, particularly where they are engaged in the training and assessment of others.
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher.
- Total number of units = 10
- 7 core units plus
- 3 elective units from the list below
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
Elective Units (pick three from the list below)
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404A Mentor in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAETAS401A Maintain training and assessment information
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- BSBLED401A Develop teams and individuals
- BSBREL402A Build client relationships and business networks
$1800.00 (no GST)
You will get 24 hours of 1:1 coaching to support you through the program. You will have readings, youtube videos to watch, assignments to complete, and project work to do outside of the coaching sessions. But as an added bonus, you will be welcome to attend any other group training sessions delivered by Watto Training within a 12 month period commencing from your enrolment date. That means if you need support it’s available.
We have been assisting people to enter the exciting and rewarding world of training and assessment for over 10 years and this has been a very successful model.
4 Sibley Street, North Lakes Q 4509 (NB: other locations are possible and can be discussed directly with us. Just let us know where you are and we’ll see what we can do).